WorldWatchReport 2012 Highlights for SIHH 2012
The WorldWatchReport makes analysis of luxury watch industry since 2004 year. This year WorldWatchReport has prepared fresh SIHH 2012 report touching the client preferences for Haute Horology watch brands.
Just like in 2011 the group has unveiled results for the 15 luxury watch brands. Beneath I have a list of them according to the market share of brand searches:
- IWC – 23.99%
- Patek Philippe – 16,6%
- Zenith – 12,35 %
- Jaeger-LeCoultre – 10,82%
- Vacheron Constantin – 8,14%
- Audemars Pigguet – 7,72 %
- Breguet – 5,39%
- Franck Muller – 4,87%
- Ulysse Nardin – 2,81 %
- Blancpain – 2,73%
- Girard-Perregaux – 1,85%
- A.Lange & Sohne – 1,78%
- Richard Mille – 0,99%
- Roger Dubuis – 0,67%
- Jaquet Droz – 0,26%
Full report covering 40 world brands in 20 world watch markets will be released in March 2012 at Baselworld.
The main WorldWatchReport analysis technology bases on search engines results (Google, Bing, Baidu and Yandex), related to models, brands, distribution, replicas, accessories, price, consumer demand and etc. So here are key highlights of WorldWatchReport 2012:
1. IWC, Patek Philippe and Zenith are world leading watch companies
IWC – 23.99%, Patek Philippe – 16,6% and Zenith – 12,35 % are the most searched via search engines haute horology brands, together composing 50% of world demand.
2. China stands in the first place for the highest luxury watch demand
This is the first time since 2004 when China overtook US unveiling 25% of the international search market share for Haute Horlogerie instead of 21% US’s.
3. Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak is the most wanted model
Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak superseded 3-year leader Jaeger LeCoultre’s Reverso because of the growing demand in Western markets, especially the UK, US and Italy.
4. Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Tourbillon is the world most wanted Gyro-tourbillon movement
The Le Sentier-headquartered brand Jaeger-LeCoultre dethroned the most searched for Haute Horlogerie brand IWC in ”Tourbillon” movement demand. IWC stands only on the eighth position in technical searches.
5. IWC and Jaeger-LeCoultre are world trend setter brands through social networks
IWC dominates the Facebook having over 220,000 fans. The second is Jaeger-LeCoultre setting watch trends in both Western and Eastern social media with 84,000 fans. While Patek Philippe is the only brand not officially presented on social arena.
6. Mobile devices take 17% of the global searches for haute horology
Nearly one out of six queries is made from a mobile device. The highest share of mobile searches belongs to Japan, almost 50%.
7. Clients from Singapore have the most advanced watch models knowledge
18% of the demand from Singaporean clients are linked to luxury watch model names, rather than simply haute horology brand names.
In its analyze WorldWatchReport group researched watch markets: United States, Brazil, Mexico, Switzerland, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan.
For more information read WorldWatchReport.
- 15 Most Expensive Watch Brands in the World
- Jaeger-LeCoultre made possible to make your own unique wristwatches with Online Personalisation
- Watch of the Year 2011 by “Viennatime” and “Munichtime”
- Top watch companies in the world
- Jaeger-LeCoultre’s ambassador Diane Kruger visited SIHH 2011
- Historical Record Breaking Results from Antiquorum USA
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox Tribute to Deep Sea Limited Edition