Celebrities and Their Favorite Watches
Celebrities – some people love them and some hate them, but we all love to see what they wear and how they behave. This is probably because people want whether to have just the same things celebrities enjoy or simply make fun of them. Both politicians and showbiz stars want to be stylish, and surely one of the most popular accessories is a watch, whether mechanical or quartz.
- California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger wears an Audemars Piguet watch – the model is called Royal Oak Offshore. He is a watch collector but at the same time he has consulted on several limited editions for Audemars Piguet. Among his favorites there are IWC Big Pilot, Rolex and Panerai watches.
- Jay-Z loves Audemar Piguet Royal Oak Offshore. He is also a big fan of AP Grande Complication.
- Silvio Berlusconi, former Prime Minister of Italy wears an extremely expensive timepiece from the world’s oldest watchmaker Vacheron Constantin. The price of the watch is $540,000.
- Bill Clinton is a huge fan of Roger Dubuis watches. Onthe cover of Time Magazine he was wearing a Roger Dubuis Much More watch.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was seen wearing a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Minute Repeater for $175,000.
- Russia’s president Vladimir Putin has a $60,000 Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar. This is a really expensive timepiece if compared to George W. Bush’s Timex for $50. However, the US president has a personal inscription on his Timex.
- Yuri Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow wears a Patek Philippe Calatrava, the price of which is $18,000.
- Roman Abramovich, the owner of the English club Chelsea, has a wide range of Rolex watches. Among his favorites there is a $29,000 Rolex Daytona and a $19,000 gold Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Submariner.
- Britney Spears wears Roger Dubuis watch. However, among her favorites there are also Chopard Montres Dame and Breitling watches.
- Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) was seen wearing on her wrist an iced-out Piaget watch.
Below there is a list of celebrities who were spotted wearing exclusive and extremely expensive watches from popular watch brands.
- Harrison Ford – Breitling Aerospace
- Orlando Bloom – IWC Big Pilot
- Ben Affleck – Harry Winston
- Mark Anthony – Roger Dubuis
- Anthony Keidis – Anonimo watch
- Usher – Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
- Larry King – Ulysse Nardin GMT
- Jennifer Anniston – vintage Cartier watch
- Jessica Simpson – vintage Rolex
- Simon Cowell – Chopard Mille Miglia
- Tom Cruise – Audemar Piguet chronograph
- Halle Berry – Franck Muller Casablanca 2852
In case you are not bored yet check out interesting statistics regarding the watch industry:
- The yearly sales of Swiss watches are estimated at $8 billion.
- More than 2 million watches, having the price higher than $5,000 are sold each year.
- More than 30 million watches with a price higher than $1,000 are sold each your.
- Watches with a price tag over $250.00 are sold each year in a number of 75 million pieces.
See more celebrities and their watches.
- 15 Most Expensive Watch Brands in the World
- Antiquorum Auction Highlights for Rolex and Patek Philippe
- Lady Watch of the Year 2011 – Roger Dubuis Excalibur Lady Watch
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Selfwinding Diamond Watch
- Audemars Piguet New Watch – Royal Oak Skeleton
- Roger Dubuis Factory to be Purchased by Richemont
- Celebs and Their Watches